April 25, 2023, Montreal, Canada – Introspect Technology, leading manufacturer of test and measurement tools for high-speed digital applications, is proud to unveil the new identity of its award-winning software. Simultaneously launching a brand new user-interface, logo, and name, Introspect Technology’s software now goes by the name: Pinetree.
“Firmly rooted yet completely modernized, Pinetree is a testament to Introspect’s desire to always go above and beyond the status quo,” says Dr. Mohamed Hafed, Chief Executive Officer of Introspect Technology. “With enhanced features, more robust cross-platform capabilities, and a strong focus on test procedure authoring, this new software architecture will make it even more easy for our customers to automate their test and verification activities,” he continues.
Pinetree is an ultra-capable development environment that allows product engineers to easily and seamlessly develop and verify all their high-speed digital and mixed-signal algorithms. Designed for users with widely varying backgrounds and expertise, it offers an extremely intuitive interface simultaneously with infinitely extensible capability. From DC to GHz, and from digital storage to video broadcast, Pinetree is the ideal development environment for the most specialized product engineering teams.
The software’s redesign has resulted in major visual improvements and enhanced code editing capabilities to provide a smoother user experience. Based on an advanced Python interpreter, the following sections describe the main new features of Pinetree.
- Component creation: click and drag components from the Component Creator tray in order to instantiate them. There is no need to worry about linking or importing Python classes
- Intelligent editing: discover component methods as you type. Simply enter the component name and instantly receive a list of available Python methods associated with this component
- Result quick access: View the results of your test procedure seamlessly without ever having to leave the editor
Debugging and Traceability Features
- Show as test: restore any instrument and device under test state even if you have not saved your most recent Pinetree Procedure
- Intelligent logging: different levels of logging are available to help debug the most subtle of bugs
- Easy sharing: with the new Export as Zip button, you can share your entire Pinetree project without needing to locate files in your operating system
Procedure Authoring Features
- Graphical attributes editor: if you do not need to automatically adjust parameters, you still have a graphical way of entering component properties
- Procedure editor: a full fledged Python interpreter, right within the Pinetree environment
Pinetree is available today under version 23.2.0. Send us an email at email@example.com for information about upgrading to this version.
About Introspect Technology
Founded in 2012, Introspect Technology designs and manufactures innovative test and measurement equipment for high-speed digital applications. Whether it is the next augmented reality headset or the level-4 autonomy engine in a mobility solution, our award-winning tools are used to develop, test, and manufacture next-generation products. In short, we help the leading global technology companies make tomorrow’s technology today’s possibility.