SV2D Direct-Attach SerDes Transceiver Endpoint
28 Gbps, 8 Lane SerDes Tester in a Plug-In Module Form Factor
Highly‐integrated 28 Gbps parallel tester that mounts directly on an application or test board and that operates through pin-controlled register commands. Featuring eight independent receivers and transmitters, the SV2D satisfies a growing need for parallel, system‐oriented testing methodology that closely mimics the final application of the device under test.
- Data rates: 19 Gbps to 28 Gbps fully- continuous operating range. Extendable to lower rates.
- Lanes: 8 Tx and 8 Rx, differential with per channel adjustment of voltage and timing.
- DUT Tx/Rx measurements: eye diagram, EQ, jitter, voltage sensitivity.
- Ease of integration: direct attachment with standard, high-performance connectors. Single 12-V DC power supply with internal regulation.
- Ultra compact size: 3.4” x 3.25” for placement in dense test boards.
- Parallel: a truly parallel system allows for the most comprehensive “stress test” that is possible. The SV2D tests complete 28 Gbps links simultaneously.
- Self Contained: an all‐in‐one system reduces space and helps create a compact tester-on-board solution.
- Automation: scripting capability is ideal for debug tasks, verification and full‐fledged production screening.
Pattern Generator Functions
|Pattern Sources||Per lane pre-built patterns, PRBS (5, 7, 9, 11, 15, 23, 31), custom user-defined pattern (up to 2 Mb), nested pattern sequencers (up to 16 sequencer programs)||Allows for flexible stimulus generation (e.g. training sequences or compliance patterns)|
|Analog Controls||Per lane, polarity inversion, voltage swing, 3-tap transmit pre-emphasis, bit-slip up to +/- 20 UI||Provides deep receiver stress characterization with truly independent multi-variable analysis|
BERT and Scope Functions
|Error Detectors||BERT engines work with all types of patterns listed under Pattern Generator section; single-shot (up to 2^32 cycles) or continuous error counting modes; 32-bit error counters; automatic pattern alignment||Optimized architecture for production testing and data collection, ensuring rapid pattern alignment and error checking|
|Equalizer Control||Per lane continuous-time linear equalizers||Allows for design exploration, de-embedding, and correlation with simulation|
|Clock Recovery||Per-lane analog, hardware clock recovery unit with optimized connection to sampling circuitry||Offers a realistic test environment on any production ATE load board|
|Analysis Capability||Identify pattern; BERT measurement; BERT scan; eye diagram; analog waveform capture; jitter separation; transition & non-transition eyes||Rapid signal integrity analysis functions behind each transceiver channel|
Lanes and Clocking
|Lane Count||8 independent generator channels; 8 independent analyzer channels||Allows for truly parallel test|
|Clock Generators||Two programmable sub-rate clocks||Allows for synchronization with device|
|Clock References||Internal oscillator (no external clock) or external clock reference with built-in jitter cleaning||Allows for operating the SV2D as a synchronization master or as a synchronization slave|