SV1D Direct-Attach SerDes Transceiver Endpoint
Plug-In Module for High-Performance Testing on Any Load Board
Highly‐integrated tester that mounts directly on an application or test board without requiring cables. Featuring eight independent receivers and transmitters, SV1D satisfies a growing need for parallel, system‐oriented testing methodology that closely mimics the final application of the device under test.
- Data rates: 250 Mbps to 14 Gbps fully-continuous operating range.
- Lanes: 8 Tx and 8 Rx, differential with per channel adjustment of voltage and timing.
- Signal impairments: sinusoidal and random jitter, de‐emphasis, skew, and bit slip.
- DUT Tx measurements: eye diagram, EQ, analog waveform and jitter separation.
- Easy of integration: direct attachment with standard, low-cost connectors. Single 12-V DC power supply with internal regulation.
- Parallel: with increasing crosstalk issues, a truly parallel system allows for the most comprehensive “stress test” that is possible. SV1 C tests all your lanes simultaneously.
- Self Contained: an all‐in‐one system reduces board space and helps create a compact tester-on-board for characterization tasks or production test.
- Automation: Scripting capability is ideal for debug tasks, verification and full‐fledged production screening of devices and system boards
Pattern Generator Functions
|Pattern Sources||Pre-built patterns, PRBS (5, 7, 9, 11, 15, 23, 31), custom user-defined pattern, nested pattern sequencers||Allows for flexible stimulus generation (e.g. training sequences or compliance patterns)|
|Analog Controls||Polarity inversion, voltage swing, transmit pre-emphasis, duty cycle, bit-slip||Provides deep receiver stress characterization with truly independent multi-variable analysis|
|Synthesis Capability||Sinusoidal jitter injection, random jitter injection, de-emphasis generation||Allows for compliance-based receiver testing with internally synthesized noise sources|
BERT and Scope Functions
|Error Detectors||BERT engines work with all types of patterns listed under Pattern Generator section; single-shot (up to 2^32 cycles) or continuous error counting modes; 32-bit error counters; automatic pattern alignment||Optimized architecture for production testing and data collection, ensuring rapid pattern alignment and error checking|
|Equalizer Control||Continuous-time linear equalizers (16 dB); ability to measure closed eyes||Allows for design exploration, de-embedding, and correlation with simulation|
|Clock Recovery||Per-pin analog, hardware clock recovery unit with optimized connection to sampling circuitry||Offers a realistic test environment on any production ATE load board|
|Analysis Capability||Identify pattern; BERT measurement; BERT scan; eye diagram; analog waveform capture; jitter separation; transition & non-transition eyes||Rapid signal integrity analysis functions behind each transceiver channel|
Environment and Control
|DUT Control Interface||SPI, JTAG, I2C control ports||Access and set the DUT SerDes control registers via the DUT JTAG Controller Port|
|User Interface||SPI command register space with full suite of capability. Compatible with Introspect ESP software for automatic SPI vector generation||Enables full lab automation; provides a scalable, future-proof solution|
|Scripting||Data logging; automatic report generation||Suited for performing optimization sweeps|